Saturday, May 5, 2018

the sit 'n spin desert

This blog reviews images from my waking life that influence the images of my dreams.

Today's post reviews this entry from my dream journal blog, Maboroshi no Yume.

In last night's dream, the only image I could really place was the image of the strange bike. This bike definitely comes from the recently posted video by Kelsey Lewin on the Super Nintendo LifeCycle Exertainment Bike. Here's the video.


Of course, the "handlebars" for the bike in my dream were like a wheel that you would see on an old Sit 'n Spin toy.

Image from Buzz Feed Partner on Pinterest

Given that the bike had no wheels, was stuck on a pole, had a Sit 'n Spin wheel, and never got used throughout my entire dream (!!!), I would obviously say that this image has a lot to do with feeling like I'm going nowhere in my life.

I'm really not sure what else the imagery is related to.

In 2001 and 2002 I lived as a Volunteer-in-Parks in Wupatki National Monument, near Flagstaff, Arizona. Ever since that time, the desert has been a huge part of my dreams.


I live back in my hometown of Denver, Colorado, right now. I walk a lot of places to get around town. I've walked as much as possible all my life. I like walking. But I feel like it slows down my life a lot. I also have a lot of scary moments out walking when big trucks pass by me on thin sidewalks or shoulders of the road.

My relationship with my sister is shaky at best. And there are a lot of times that is really distressing to me. I want to be around my sister more. And I want to help my sister more. But I never seem to be able to connect with her.

No comments:

Post a Comment