Thursday, June 21, 2012

generations' fashion

Good morning, everybody.

This entry is related to this entry in my dream journal.

The most obvious influence on my dream is the music video below, which for the song "Paparazzi," by the Korean megastars Girls' Generation.


I think a lot of the styles from this video (stripes, shiny, form-fitting one-piece outfits, fluttery skirts, etc.) condensed into the dream. I think the girls in my dream also echoed the look of two of the girls in Girls' Generation. But I can't say for sure.

When I was younger, I also liked girl megagroups. But I always liked them in a kind of ironic way. Now I really genuinely like them. What the heck is going on with me? Are they getting better? Am I getting less cranky? Am I just -- getting old, so I want to live out my youth again, only this time with no irony? Anyway, I like Girls' Generation.

The colors of the second outfit -- that weird kind of color halfway between copper and brown, I think came from the work of fashion designer Triton, which was on display at the Sao Paulo Fashion Week, and which the ParisModesen channel posted to YouTube yesterday. The clips of Triton's line are at the end of this video.


The colored hair -- purple -- came, I believe, from my lingering memories of the good time I had at the PrideFest. Also, it comes from a video I posted a few entries ago, also from ParisModesen, about hair dying fashions.

I'm not totally sure what my first dream is all about. I think part of it has to do with the fact that, especially on YouTube, whenever I try to comment on things, I'm always trying to use little bits and pieces of foreign languages. This usually means Japanese -- which is pretty tricky to speak correctly. But I try anyway. And I'm sure I always sound like a fool.

The "robot" might be Google Translate, which I actually do use sometimes, when I want to say something serious in a different language, but which I steer clear of when I'm just trying to toss some expression out of my own head.

It would be easier just to put a little effort into learning the basics of the languages I like. Right? Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment